- Person: Why are you writing so much?
- Me: I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month.
- Person: Oh, cool. Can I read it?
- Me: No.
- Me: Hell no.
- Me: Fuck no.
- Me: Hell the fuck no.
- Me: gtfo
Anything and everything that writers can relate to.Ask us if you dare... Submit!
"MAN THIS STORY I’M WRITING IS GONNA BE SO GOOD I’M SO PUMPED"
"I CAN’T WAIT TO DEVELOP THE SHIT OUT OF THESE CHARACTERS"
"HOT DAMN THAT ONE SCENE NEAR THE MIDDLE IS GONNA BE BITCHIN’"
"THIS PLOT TWIST IS THE SINGLE BEST IDEA I’VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE"
~one hour later~
'I love writing,' I say as I procrastinate on tumblr
'I hate writing,' I say as I write
me: urgh, NaNo is killing me
family member: yeah, must be real hard sitting down all day…
asking me if i’ll make you a character in my story is a surefire way to make sure i’ll kill you off have a nice day
- Me: I didn't really write yesterday, so I'll catch up today.
- Novel: Great idea! I get attention! Hooray!
- (hours later)
- Me: I'm not quite at the word count I need to be, but I'm exhausted. Good night, novel!
- Novel: Wha--NO! Just a few more words!
- Me: Um, okay. (types a bit) No, really, I'm done. I can't write anymore.
- Novel: But?
- Me: Seriously.
- Novel: *makes sad puppy eyes*
- Me: (walks away)
- Novel: COME BACK!! DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!
- Me: (gone)
- Novel: QUITTER!